Saturday 6 March 2010

21 Years Ago

Hello, my name is Chloe and in 8 days I am turning 21.

This may not seem significant to you, however when I was younger, I had a list of things that I wanted to have done by the time is was 21; I have done hardly any of what I wanted to do.

By now I imangined I would be married and maybe have a child, I had a list of places that I wanted to go and things I wanted to there. So far in my short existance I have done quite a lot though.

I've been to: Australia - Adelaide,The Giant Rocking Horse, Jacobs Creek vineyard and other places around that area I can't really remember what they were called (I was 2 at the time!); South of France - Nice, Cannes, Monaco and the prison where the man in the iron mask was held; in Marocco I swam with dolphins; in Egypt I rode a camel across the desert and went diving in the Red Sea; Majorca; Belguim; Turkey; in Switzerland I went to the Verzasca Dam, which is what Pierce Brosnan jumped off, as James Bond, in the begining of Goldeneye; In Italy I was driven rounde the roads that feature in the car chase at the begining of Quantum Of Solace.

I walked down a street in Milan next to Robert Lindsay from My Family, he was carrying a small child on his shoulders, I presume it was one of his children but I never asked!
I shock hands with Anton Rodgers from May to December, (I had no idea who he was then and still don't now!) outside a pub in Witham.
I passed Richard Wilson, from One Foot In The Grave, on the stairs in Harrods when I was about 9.
I saw Angela Rippon in Stanstead Airport, she had just finished her lunch & I was going to get a drink with James, who was stuffing his face with a chocolate bar, and he walked straight into her. She was wearing a white suit and he was covered in chocolate, not a great combination!
Also in Stanstead Airport, I was in W H Smith buy some wine gums, when I got tapped on the shoulder and asked if I was 'that girl' from Home and Away. I replied, in my Essex accent, with a 'What?!' and the girl went 'obviously not cos your not Australian' and walked off.

When I look at the crumples piece of paper with my 11 year old hand writting on it, I hope in the next 21 years I can cross a few more things off my list.

1 comment:

Jaidene said...

love this post!! i need to make a list of things to do before im 30 that gives me 9 years! haha. Have become a follower maybe you could return the favour. SG x

Post a Comment